July 19, 2011

Grand Lake Mini Vacation


Last weekend we spent a few days in Grand Lake, CO to celebrate the birthday of our awesome friend, Melanie. We had a great time exploring, boating, soaking up the sun, relaxing with friends and even visiting a classic townie bar. We renting a log cabin and I cooked up a delicious vegan meal the first night, complete with tempeh BLTs, potato salad and chocolate birthday cupcakes.

I even got to see my first moose! Checking that off the list. Chris and I were hiking near Adam's Falls when we came upon a herd of 5 moose. Pretty awesome and majestic.

Great times with great friends (plus a gunslinging albino cowboy, a service-challenged waitress and some cute bouncy birds). I am already thinking about the next time we can go back.

P.S. Rob... here is the recipe for those fabulous peanut butter cups.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...