September 23, 2011

Myth Busting: Vegans Survive on Granola and Salad

I admit, I do enjoy a handful of my mom’s homemade granola, or a big salad with veggies, nuts and olive oil. But the options for vegan food are truly endless, I kid you not.

If you know me… then you know that I love to cook. So the first thing I did once becoming vegan was scour the internet for recipes and inspiration. And I found A LOT! I think the switch would have been harder if there weren’t so many amazing resources out there. You don’t need to be a chef to make great vegan food and you don’t need to spend lots of time in the kitchen at every meal. You just need to re-discover food and be open to new things.


Here is a list of some of my recent favorite recipes:


There are some great links on the left side of this blog that you can check out. There are also easy ways to veganize you current recipes:
  • Replace butter with Earth Balance Buttery Spread (comes in sticks and tubs)
  • Replace mayonnaise with Veganise (100 times better than mayo)
  • Try out some vegan cheese from Daiya
  • Switch out cows’ milk for soy, almond, rice or coconut milk
  • Season your pasta with ground cashews and salt rather than parmesan
  • Check out this vegan food guide if you have no idea what tempeh, seitan and nutritional yeast are
  • Make a smoothie for breakfast with fruit, non-dairy milk, ground flax seed (high in omega 3s) and agave nectar (to add more sweetness)
  • Experiment... it's fun!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...