December 27, 2011

The Podcast That Could Change Your Life

Shortly after I decided to go vegan I discovered a podcast that has changed my life. I'm not exaggerating; Colleen’s words have left me a more compassionate, healthier and happier person. I am so thankful for tuning into Colleen Patrick Goudreau’s “Vegetarian Food for Thought” podcast. Chris and I have since listened to most of the episodes and have tried to pass the information on to others. Some of my myth busting posts were directly inspired by the podcast.

Please take a little time to listen to a few of these episodes. There are so many topics to choose from and so much work put into them. Plus, they are free!
All you need to do is go to iTunes, search for “vegetarian food for thought,” download a few episodes and start listening (on the drive to work, at the gym, while shoveling, wherever). Colleen speaks frankly and honestly, but with compassion, humor and intelligence. Please check it out.

Episodes on nutrition:
Soy is Not Evil
An Essential Vitamin: B12
Milk is a natural food, and cows naturally give milk, so what's wrong with drinking it?
The Protein Myth and Vegetarianism

Episodes on lifestyle and culture:
Living Among Meat-Eaters
The Practical Aspects of Being Vegan
Transitioning to a Vegan Diet
Common Responses to Vegetarianism

Episodes on food:
Five Favorite Foods: Carrots, Dates, Walnuts, Oats, Brussels Sprouts
I Eat Only "White Meat" - In Defense of Chickens
Eat Your Vegetables!
Life After Cheese
Five Favorite Foods: Quinoa, Kale, Blueberries, Tempeh, and Tea
Replacing Eggs in Cooking and Baking

Other:
Greening Your Life
Speaking your Truth
Minding the Gatekeepers

Colleen has also written lots of amazing cookbooks!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...